Seqirus news releases
CSL’s Seqirus and the University of Liverpool Pandemic Institute launch major strategic collaboration to advance influenza protection and pandemic preparedness
Seqirus Completes $156 Million Expansion to Holly Springs Manufacturing Facility, Optimizing Global Manufacturing Capabilities for Seasonal and Pandemic Influenza Vaccines
Seqirus and U.S. Government Renew Multi-Year Agreement for Influenza Pandemic Preparedness and Response
• Renewal reaffirms longstanding, public-private partnership between Seqirus and the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA) to strengthen preparedness and rapid response capabilities for influenza pandemics
• Agreement includes provision for Seqirus to provide BARDA with supply of AUDENZ, the first-ever FDA-approved adjuvanted, cell-based pandemic influenza vaccine, which was developed in partnership with BARDA
Seqirus, a Business of CSL Limited, Announces New Facility Supporting Research & Development of Leading-Edge Influenza Vaccine Technology
New facility in Waltham, Massachusetts, will support CSL’s growing R&D portfolio, including the self-amplifying mRNA technology platform, the next generation of mRNA vaccine technology, for seasonal and pandemic influenza vaccines.
New Data Supports the Effectiveness of Adjuvanted Seasonal Influenza Vaccine in Reducing Influenza-Related Hospitalizations and Healthcare Costs in Older Adults
EU Flu Day 2021 – Seqirus joins experts’ calls to boost vaccine uptake ahead of a second influenza season during the COVID-19 pandemic
• Expert modelling points to a more severe influenza season than in previous years.1
• The lifting of restrictions to reduce COVID-19 transmission may leave vulnerable people – with reduced immunity - at greater risk from influenza.1
• Co-administration of the seasonal influenza vaccine with the COVID-19 booster may not only protect vulnerable populations, it could also relieve the burden on healthcare systems.
• A panel of leading international experts discuss the challenges of the oncoming influenza season at this year’s EU Flu Day, led by Vaccines Europe and supported by Seqirus.
The New England Journal of Medicine Publishes First-of-its-Kind Study on Cell-Based Quadrivalent Seasonal Influenza Vaccine (QIVc) Efficacy in Children and Adolescents ≥2 to <18 Years of Age
Seqirus Awarded U.S. Government Contract to Develop Two Pandemic Influenza Vaccines
• Seqirus will develop and evaluate two influenza A(H2Nx) virus vaccine candidates in support of U.S. government pandemic preparedness objectives
• Company will utilize its combination of cell-based and adjuvanted influenza vaccine technologies, as well as its next-generation self-amplifying mRNA platform
• Multi-year contract with Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA) builds on longstanding, successful public-private partnership to provide rapid vaccine manufacturing response in an influenza pandemic
Seqirus Announces Investment in Next-Generation Influenza Vaccine Technology, Self-Amplifying Messenger RNA (sa-mRNA)
• Appoints Roberta Duncan as new program lead to drive technology advancement
• Accelerates development of sa-mRNA vaccine candidates for seasonal and pandemic influenza
Seqirus Begins Shipping Portfolio of Innovative Vaccines for the 2021/22 U.S. Influenza Season
The company is prepared to meet the record levels of demand seen during the 2020/21 influenza season amidst the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
Seqirus strengthens U.K. influenza vaccine response as high-speed fill and finish facility begins rolling 30 million doses in Liverpool
First doses of Seqirus’s enhanced influenza vaccine, destined for the U.K., come off a new high-speed fill-and-finish line in Liverpool.
Seqirus Presents Real-World Data for Cell-Based Quadrivalent Seasonal Influenza Vaccine (QIVc) at ESWI 2020
This news release is intended for Health Professional media only.
Seqirus Presents New Late-Breaking Data at ESWI 2020 Highlighting Value of MF59®-Adjuvanted Seasonal Influenza Vaccine
Seqirus Will Build World-class, Next-generation $800m Influenza Vaccine Manufacturing Facility in Australia
CSL Named as One of the World’s Best Employers
Forbes Recognizes Global Biotechnology Leader for Fourth Straight Year
This EU Flu Day, Seqirus confirms record number of influenza vaccines delivered across Europe to meet increased demand
The first annual EU Flu Day was launched today, 14 October 2020. Marking the occasion, Seqirus, a global leader in influenza prevention, announced that it has delivered shipments of influenza vaccines on schedule, across Europe
CSL to manufacture and supply University of Queensland and Oxford University vaccine candidates for Australia
CSL Limited (ASX:CSL) today announced it has signed a Heads of Agreement (HoA) with the Australian Government for the supply of 51 million doses of the University of Queensland’s (UQ) COVID-19 vaccine candidate (V451), and a separate HoA with AstraZeneca to manufacture the Oxford University candidate (AZD1222), should clinical trials of both prove successful.
First adjuvanted quadrivalent influenza vaccine receives EU approval
This news release is intended for medical, pharmaceutical industry and business media